The NFL draft is coming up in a few weeks and it’s time we start making more and more mock drafts. I’ve spent a lot of time the past few weeks watching film and determining which players I think will be successful in this year’s draft. Let’s get into my second mock draft of the year…
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan, DE
The Jaguars need an instant impact defensively and Hutchinson will be able to provide that and more. Look for him to be the premiere player for the Jaguars defense for years to come.
2. Detroit Lions: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon, DE
There were a lot of directions I could go here, do I go on the secondary, the offensive-line, or the defensive line. I decided to go best player available and Thibodeaux is just that. He’s a beast on the edge and it seems like that head coach Dan Campbell seems to like him as well.
3. Houston Texans: Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati, CB
When I put on Ahmad Gardner’s tape, I see a dominant shut-down cornerback immediately. Being very tall at 6’2 as a cornerback, Gardner is going to be an instant island to put out there for a defense. The Texans cannot go wrong with this pick at all.
4. New York Jets: Derek Stingley Jr., LSU, CB
After the Jets made some moves in free agency, I decided to shift their draft plans slightly. After Stingley Jr’s pro day, I expect him to go in the top 5 again. He is an elite cornerback with elite physical traits and would be an immediate impact player for the Jets defense.
5. New York Giants: Ikem Ekwonu, NC State, OT
The Giants need to find a way to protect their quarterback, whether it’s going to be Daniel Jones in the future or not. One way to do so? Get the best prospect in the draft.
6. Carolina Panthers: Evan Neal, Alabama, OT
There is a potential chance the Panthers go for a quarterback here, but I think they play it smart and take the best player available to protect their future quarterback (whoever that is).
7. New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame, S
Arguably a top 3 talented player in this draft, the Giants run to the podium to take Hamilton and add a smart and physical safety in the back of the defense. His versatility and physical attributes will show immediately for the Giants defense.
8. Atlanta Falcons: Drake London, USC, WR
A very big target at 6’4 that is able to use strength and size to leverage at top of routes and win. Not the fastest receiver, but finds ways to get open. The Falcons need a receiver after Ridley’s suspension, London would be an instant starter.
9. Seattle Seahawks: Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh, QB
His footwork and poise could use some work in the pocket, but I think Pickett will shock a lot of people in the league. He’s got solid mobility and an above average arm. Definitely think the Seahawks could be looking at their franchise quarterback in Pickett.
10. New York Jets: Garrett Wilson, Ohio State, WR
Garrett Wilson is speedy and shifty, a player that Zach Wilson will love to throw to. Not the greatest route-runner but that can be coached with time. He’s got the ability to take a screen to the house, a weapon to be used for the Jets offense. Zach Wilson should be delighted by this pick.
11. Washington Commanders: Charles Cross, M. State, OT
12. Minnesota Vikings: Trent McDuffie, Washington, CB
13. Houston Texans: Travon Walker, Georgia, DE
14. Baltimore Ravens: George Karlaftis, Purdue, DE
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Devin Lloyd, Utah, LB
16. New Orleans Saints: Jameson Williams, Alabama, WR
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Bernhard Raimann, C. Michigan, OT
18. Philadelphia Eagles: Devonta Wyatt, Georgia, DL
19. New Orleans Saints: Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa, OT
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Malik Willis, Liberty, QB
21. New England Patriots: Nakobe Dean, Georgia, LB
22. Green Bay Packers: Chris Olave, Ohio State, WR
23. Arizona Cardinals: Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa, C
24. Dallas Cowboys: Jermaine Johnson II, Florida State, DE
25. Buffalo Bills: Jordan Davis, Georgia, DL
26. Tennessee Titans: Zion Johnson, Boston College, OG
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: David Ojabo, Michigan, DE
28. Green Bay Packers: Kenyon Green, Texas A & M, OG
29. Kansas City Chiefs: Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson, CB
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Skyy Moore, Western Michigan, WR
31. Cincinnati Bengals: Kaiir Elam, Florida, CB
32. Detroit Lions: Lewis Cine, Georgia, S
/ 1 day ago
Goooooooood morning sports fans, and welcome to this FriYAY edition of In Other News....
/ 3 days ago
Gooooood morning sports fans, and welcome back to In Other News. The date is...
/ 3 days ago
Goooooood morning sports fans, and welcome back to In Other News. This years Thanksgiving...
/ 6 days ago
We’re about a quarter into the NBA regular season and it’s time we start...
/ 2 weeks ago
Happy Turkey Day Eve sports fans and welcome to another edition of In Other...
/ 2 weeks ago
Goooood morning sports fans, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of In Other News....